Tuesday, November 27, 2007

World AIDS Day "I promise" campaign

One of the reasons I haven't been posting every day lately is I'm on holidays. The second reason is I'm absurdly busy. Seriously, I'm far busier on this holiday than I usually am when I'm working. The biggest thing (for those who haven't been paying attention) is the YouTube As One gathering this Saturday (December 1st) in Melbourne's Federation Square.

I'm trying not to freak the hell out in the leadup but it's hard.

The day of the gathering coincide with the World AIDS Day Concert in Federation Square which is a bonus for us. There will be a lot going on during the day including free concert performances. So I figured some payback was due and I've been helping the promoters of the World AIDS Day Concert, The Burnet Institute with some YouTube promotion for their event.

The centrepiece of their promotion is the "I promise" campaign. It's a fairly simple concept - make a promise to take some practical steps in response to AIDS. This video has been put together featuring some YouTube celebrities and "real world" celebrities to encourage the YouTube community to make their own video promises:


http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcv6NHZE16E

And I thought I'd kick things off with my own promise:


http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bfwxRgtPxKw

Oh, and I also promise to get back to writing longer and angrier posts some time after this madness has died down. Sometime in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: