Friday, April 18, 2008

Fuck Scientology!

I never got into this whole "Anonymous" is going to take down Scientology thing. I've always thought Scientology sucked - I did their "personality" test about 20 years ago and it was clear that they were evil, manipulative bastards. But I never really spent a lot of effort attacking them.

Until the fuckers decided to start advertising on YouTube. Just after I got partner status. Which means I get fucking Scientology ads next to my videos. Now *I* know the fact that an ad appears next to my video doesn't mean I endorse that product. But I know there are some people stupid enough to make that assumption.

Luckily, I don't give a shit about stupid people.

But I have to admit, seeing an ad for something as evil as Scientology next to my videos creeped me right out. Even I started to suspect I was endorsing Scientology. This would not stand. YouTube doesn't actually give partners the ability to block certain advertising - they just serve up whatever they feel like. I don't like feeling powerless. So I took action!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bfbYOAq2XIU

Just in case anyone thought I was gonna wuss out now I'm a partner.

No comments: