Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The following people can shut the fuck up (part one)

Any time now...

Let me preface this by saying concentrated stupidity annoys me more than I realised. I've just taken a long weekend off to have a lovely, restful time in a Bed & Breakfast on the coast northeast of Melbourne (I may share some videos of this break at a later date). This was a proper holiday - I not only didn't post any videos or make any blog posts, I didn't go online at all. This meant when I got home I had about 200 comments to read through.

There are a couple of videos I've posted to YouTube where I was, quite frankly, deliberately trying to pick a fight. I picked some groups who annoyed the shit out of me and went for their throats. This results in me regularly getting stupid comments from said antagonised groups which was exactly what I wanted. As my general obsessive pattern is to check messages several times a day, I usually only have to deal with these moronic comments one at a time which makes them funny.

But having not looked at messages for three days meant I had to read through about a dozen really stupid comments in rapid succession. This got very fucking annoying. To clarify: I don't mind when people disagree with me. I know very intelligent people frequently have divergent opinions. That's why they're called opinions, they're subjective - they are not objective reality. I get on quite well with some people who disagree with me on almost every political and social issue.

It's stupid people that piss me off. People who obsessively cling to dogma and seem to believe if they repeat the same, easily disprovable crap over and over it will magically become true. And what's more, these brain-damaged rejects have some insane belief that I am compelled to "debate" them. Let me make this clear: you can have whatever insane beliefs you want, I really don't give a fuck. But when you want to control public discourse or you want to influence politics in such a way that it affects everyone's lives then I'm not going to be quiet.

But I'm not going to "debate" you. First, I have better things to do with my time. I will decide when I want to go back and forth with someone, I will not have this requirement forced on me by someone I regard as a fuckwit. Second, some things simply aren't up for debate. The evidence is in. The fact that some loudmouths (including people who may run for US President) insist on spouting insane shit doesn't mean there's any "debate". It simply means that loudmouths are spouting insane shit.

So that's the preamble, let's get to the first group who can shut the fuck up any time now:

Creationists
Believe in the magic bloke in the sky all you like - I don't think belief in god means a person in stupid. I've met way to many smart religious people and way too many stupid atheists to fall into that trap. But creationism is plain fucking stupid. Denying evolution is plain fucking stupid. Trying to subvert the teaching of science in schools is sick, evil and wrong. And it must be stopped.

I have actually had to deal with morons saying creationism is valid science. There is no science whatsoever in creationism or its evil, inbred cousin, so-called "intelligent" design. ID is nothing apart from creationism wearing a cheap white smock they bought at a costume shop that they think makes them look like a scientist. The evil scum who propose that this drivel should be taught as science are worse than pure religious creationists.

At least the religious fundamentalists wear their ignorance proudly. The unintelligent design shysters aren't even that honest. I'd hate to break it to you freaks, but your lies are really obvious. You can repeatedly say your spirit worhip is science but it doesn't stop being voodoo. And I really don't fucking care how much you have politicians scared into not speaking out against you. The fact that the President of the USA says your shit should be taught alongside evolution doesn't make it valid. It simply means he's a fucking moron.

So, in short, I will not engage creationists. They're not worth it. I will, however, enjoy myself by taunting them and even viciously attacking them. They aren't worth expending one iota of intellectual effort. They are beneath contempt. But I will take every opportunity to have fun by ripping them apart.

Oh, and for those fuckwits who are such a charming mix of pedantry, indignation and flat-out stupidity - this isn't an ad hominem attack. If I said you are stupid which proves your argument is stupid that would be an ad hominem attack. Science has objectively proven your argument is unmitigated bullshit so I don't have to do that. I'm launching personal attacks on you because it's fun.

No comments: