Friday, July 18, 2008

Why I love elitists

There are many things about the debasement of the political process in the USA and public discourse generally that make me angry. Not least is the practice developed and refined by the Republicans (and eagerly embraced by the Democrats) that the constant repetition of a lie makes it true. This manifests in many ways, from Bush making a speech about the economy (which he has fucking destroyed) in front of a backdrop repeating the phrase "Economy showing strong growth" to my personal favourite, deriding a candidate as "elitist".

The "elitist" one pisses me off the most for a few reasons. Firstly, in what sort of twisted, fucked-up Idiocracy style universe do you not want the elite running things? Why is having the world run by unintelligent "average folks" a good fucking thing? Excuse me, but given the choice between some spoiled, stupid motherfuckers like Bush and/or McCain and eloquent, well read individuals like Obama or Clinton I'll take the smart ones thank you very much.

My plea to leaders around the world: please be elitist. Do us all a favour and don't pander to the lowest common denominator. There's a reason stupid people don't often run things. They're fucking stupid. And they're almost never worth listening to. Elitism all the way!

The second reason this line pisses me off is because it's usually spouted by the most extreme elitists around. Seriously, I don't need multi-millionaires enlightening me as to who is elitist and who has the common touch. Whether it's mega-wealthy politicians who have led a life of privelege or or gasbag talking head media pricks with multi-million dollar contracts, these fucking hypocrites are the least qualified people on the fucking planet when it comes to knowing the common touch.

It's enough to make a body angry.

[youtube=http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=wW1NUQZ0qew]

I hadn't intended to get this angry when I started making the video so i guess this topic must have been getting to me more than I realised.

No comments: