Monday, October 27, 2008

Barack Hussein Obama - white women are not safe!

OK, I should have pulled my finger out and posted this on Friday while it was still kinda relevant. I don't think I've ever seen an outrageous story debunked so quickly. Mind you, you won't have to go far to find some right wing nutjob or overly-impressionable simpleton who will still wear blind it's true.
I'm talking of course about the mildly wacky McCain supporter who invented an absurd story about being attacked by some black dude who supposedly carved a "B" into her face because he was a "B"arack Obama supporter and she was a John McCain supporter. Not that it's inconceivable in general terms for an attack of that type to occur. White Republicans hardly have a monopoly on being cowardly bullies. It was the specifics that were so absurd.
The story was, in fact, so absurd that for a while I could have been easily convinced that it was a prank and/or satire staged by an Obama supporter. But it appears she really was a McCain campaign worker. By the way, I don't think the McCain campaign had anything to do with this. Their stoking of racist fears is hardly subtle but even they are slightly less insane than this. My personal favourite touch was that the "B" was reversed... kind of what you might do if you were really stupid and looking in a mirror while carving a "B" into your own face.
I believe in mental health circles this is known as "a cry for help".
I found this story on Friday night and couldn't believe the absurdity of it. There was too much material there for me to *not* run with it so I decided to go for a totally overblown satire. Knowing full well some morons would take it at face value. Even though I led the description of the video with "Stupid people don't get satire."
[youtube=http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=T8kM2KQ-dOI]
And I was also amused by the number of people who rushed to comment in the ensuing hours that the story was untrue. Really? Lucky I had those internet commenters to save me from thinking for myself.

No comments: