Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Nerds FTW!

I have had an extremely busy day on YouTube. Namely, I've been watching a mountain of response videos and laughing my arse off. When I issued my nerd-off challenge I kind of thought it would be popular but the YouTubers have gone nuts for it.

I got 17 video responses in the first 24 hours and many more people are promising to respond over the next few days. The claims for nerd superiority follow a few different paths but for me, the frontrunners fall into one of two categories. They either have MASSES of nerdish goodies (Magic the Gathering seems to figure prominently) or they have some incredible obscure and rare stuff.

Oh, and tattoos. Anyone who gets a really nerdy tattoo scores big with me. If you have the time, I recommend following this link and checking out the responses. They offer some amazing insights and some of them are downright hilarious.

After I uploaded the original challenge video a few people said they wanted to know what the prize was before they dived in. I figured this was fair enough - I probably should have decided on a prize before announcing the competition. So first thing this morning I put my thinking cap on and came up with some possible prizes. And also to prove this would be no easy competition, I made a video giving some more depth to my nerdiness.

It's going to take some sort of super-nerd to out-nerd me!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwpN2cwgzZI

No comments: