Monday, December 31, 2007

A scorching New Year

We're having extremely warm weather in Melbourne at the moment. To rub it in for people from the Northern hemisphere I mad this video the other day:


http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bCHqsh1Sb2c

I think I'm being punished for it now - we're having one of the hottest New Year's Eves on record. It's been over 40 degrees Celsius (or 100 Fahrenheit) for most of the afternoon. And I can't remember the last time the humidity was so low. It feels like the moisture is being sucked out of my body every time I go outside.

I actually had an episode in a shop earlier when I went in to buy something. The shop assistant said the usual "How are you?" greeting and I tried to say "Fine," but all that came out was a strangled croak. I had to swallow a few times to create enough moisture in my throat to talk.

I don't really make New Year's resolutions. I suppose I could resolve to getting back to writing for this blog properly but I don't really need to. I'm going back to work on Jan 7th and that will put me back in the rhythm to write more regularly.

But it's interesting to look back on the year. My readership fairly exploded, thanks mainly to two posts, the Alli diet pill one and the "When insults had class" quotes. I've had a little bit of attention from media (which may still go somewhere - who knows?) My profile on YouTube has also gone through the roof since the gathering in Melbourne on December 1st.

So 2008 is looking interesting. I want to thank everyone who reads and comments regularly, it's that sort of contact that makes putting time into this blog worthwhile. I hope everyone has a great 2008 and hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you this year.

Stay safe!


http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ivNlly8gWNI

No comments: