Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Ways you can tell I'm leaving my job #3

I'm more likely to tell people what I think of them.

You may not believe this but at work I am generally of a sunny disposition (I've mentioned before that I'm a whistler). But there's always some jerk who thinks it's their job to pass judgement on others. They are fools because this is, of course, my job.

So I'm having a conversation with a cow-orker today when, for no reason I can fathom, he says:

"You're in a way better mood than usual. What's up with that?"

Personally, I thought I was in my normal mood. Maybe this fuckwit is the type who's so terrified of running out of things to say he'll fill momentary silences with anything, no matter how mindless, rather than shutting the fuck up for five seconds. Maybe he suffers from such extreme self-loathing he couldn't work out why I wasn't punching him in the face. Like his mother does.

Usually, I'd ignore mindless shit like this but, hey, I'm leaving. So I said:

"Well, talking to you is bringing down my mood by the second so I should be where you expect real soon."

Surprisingly enough, the conversation sort of died after that.

No comments: