Sunday, November 19, 2006

Braving the riots

I am so friggin' tired right now. I braved the barricaded streets of Melbourne today to get some footage for another street art video. There is so much of this stuff around Melbourne, it's amazing. I only used about half the stuff I shot in the end - and there's still heaps more I could find. I stopped at this point so the video wouldn't be too long.

The "riots" were a bit of a non-event - several streets were closed, including some seedy back alleys that have some good stencils usually. The local tabloid had a field day, calling it a "day of shame" and foaming at the (metaphorical) mouth about the terrible miscreants. I swear, those fuckwits need a good beating so the get a sense of perspective. Admittedly, beating them might not make their worldview more balanced but I'd enjoy beating them.

Anyway, this video took forever to edit, so enjoy it dammit!

No comments: