Saturday, December 16, 2006

Women appal me Part II

Just in case anyone thought I was too PC yesterday, I did want to add something specifically about some women that appalls me (and does involve my friend, the dick.) There is something I've seen a couple of times at work that I'm really hoping isn't going to be any sort of a significant trend for the summer.

In short, I've seen a couple of examples of slightly overweight middle-aged women dressing in such a way that, to put it mildly, puts their rather abundant cleavage front and centre. Some might argue that this is up to them and some people might even argue that it's a good look but this is work for fuck's sake. And yes, I did point out that this involved middle aged women who are on the generously proportioned side of things. If they were young and hot and pushing their boobies out I would doubtless find the distraction more pleasant but it would still be totally inappropriate for work.

And the middle aged aspect is an important part of what appalls me and not just because I'm not enjoying the spectacle. Is it too much to ask people to act their age? The phrase "mutton dressed up as lamb" springs to mind. It would be like me wearing hip-hop gear and thinking I looked like anything but a fucking idiot. It's not so much that I've "grown up" (my level of immaturity should be obvious to anyone who reads this blog) but there's certain things that basically make you look desperate.

What on earth is the impression these women think they are making? Do they think the men are thinking "she has big boobies, that's hot"? Well, OK some men will think that but they're pretty creepy. And what's so great about attracting creepy guys? All it makes me think is "oh my god what the fuck is she thinking."

Then I have nightmares about being suffocated by my pillows while I'm sleeping.

No comments: