Saturday, April 28, 2007

Crime Scene Investigation

I've noticed a tendency for people to try to make their lives, and more specifically their work, seem more exciting than it really is. Usually, this desperate attempt to appear interesting simply highlights how fucked the person's life actually is.

I remember years ago I was working in the IT department of an insurance company and there was a new finance system being developed that was code-named "weapon". I'm sure the dweebs who thought that one up did it because they imagined they would sound cool chatting up some girl in a bar saying "I work on weapon development."

Another example I can think of was some scumbag ticket inspectors on a tram one day. As an aside, I fucking hate ticket inspectors. And parking inspectors. Don't waste my time saying "I'm just doing my job." That defence didn't work in Nuremberg and it won't work with me. About six of these wankers were in "plainclothes" on the tram I was riding when all of a sudden they synchronised the revelation of their inspector badges they'd been concealing on a lanyard under their clothes.

I had a ticket so they couldn't hassle me but I couldn't stop laughing. It seemed like they had watched too many episodes of "Law and Order". They thought they were some sort of hardcore undercover cops the way they did it so seriously. I don't think they appreciated my mirth.

On a similar note, check out this video showing what the dickheads in my local council are up to.

No comments: