Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Moving is bullshit

My house move enters its final phase tomorrow with my girlfriend's stuff being moved into the new house and electricity (theoretically) being connected so we can actually live in the new house. The electricity connection remains a theoretical possibility because the bastards were meant to connect it last Thursday but didn't do it. And they didn't do anything helpful like tell us they didn't do it - we had to find that out for ourselves.

At the start of a four day weekend.

What a wonderful surprise that was. And the rat bastards responsible for it weren't answering their phones until Tuesday. The emergency number wouldn't do anything about it because they handle emergencies not connections. And they really didn't care how much my life had been fucked up. And I wasn't surprised on Tuesday morning when the connection company didn't give a shit and blamed it on me.

The whole setup is made harder because the electricity supply is broken up into "wholesalers" and "retailers". Only a retailer can book your connection but only a wholesaler can actually make the connection. This cosy little setup lets the fuckers blame each other when they fuck things up.

The same bullshit happened with my cable connection for internet and pay TV. Responsibility for this is divided between Telstra (phone/internet company) and Foxtel (pay TV). So when I want it switched off at one place and switched on in another they say this required a tech to visit which means a two week delay and a $100 fee.

I point out this is bullshit because the cable connection is active by default, they just have to start the connection and billing remotely. I know this because I've been through this before and all the fucking tech did was plug a fucking cable into a fucking socket in the fucking wall. I might be slightly dim but even I can manage that alone. What was the response to my complaint?

Telstra: That's a Foxtel policy, we can't do anything about it.

Foxtel: That's a Telstra policy, we can't do anything about it.

These fuckers think they have plausible deniability and when you call them out on it they simply repeat stock phrases from scripts and refuse to actually respond to what you're saying. When the dust settles on this move I have an active letter-writing campaign planned. The evil sacks of shit will ignore the letters of course but I'll feel better for writing them and getting it out of my system. I just need to find some heat resistant paper so the letters won't burst into flames as I compose them.

No comments: