Tuesday, April 24, 2007

No talking in toilets - video version

Well, yesterday's post seemed quite popular and I have to admit, I liked it too. So much so that I decided to do a video version of it, which I present now for your viewing pleasure.

Before the video, a quick note about the "truth" of my posts. I've mentioned before that pretty much everything I write is "inspired by a true story" as they say in Hollywood. Life is so fucked up that I rarely have to fabricate something completely. I usually change enough specifics of the story to preserve my anonymity. Sometimes I make changes to make a point more clearly. And sometimes I make changes to make the story funnier.

In yesterday's case, the sandwich incident happened pretty much exactly as I related it. The inappropriate toilet conversation did not actually happen, it was inspired by some incredibly inappropriate toilet conversations I have been subjected to in the past. I did bump into Mr Big Sandwich in the toilet and I almost made reference to the sandwich when he talked to me.

Luckily for me, my brain was unusually alert and warned me "No, don't say that! That would sound very, very bad in this environment." So I didn't say it. Then the sick part of my brain took over and thought "hey, that's actually pretty funny."

And that's how blog posts are born.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYeTHvYbgk

No comments: