Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bloggerman to the rescue

Like most bloggers, I suffer from the delusion that my writing actually means something. In the bigger picture, I mean. As in, I'm going to change the world. While thinking about this I started to imagine a blogging superhero in full spandex-wearing, underpants-on-the-outside glory. Hence, "Bloggerman".

I like the idea of being a superhero but all superheroes have a weakness. Superman had Kryptonite. My weakness is pretty lame. I have a light sensitivity known as photic sneeze reflex. Essentially, bright sunshine makes me sneeze. Even looking straight into a bright artificial light can trigger sneezing. By bright, I mean about 100 watts will do it if I stare straight into the light.

Once the bad guys latched onto this I'd be screwed. I'd be all flying in to save the day and the criminals would say "Oh no, it's Bloggerman! Quick, shine the bright flashlight in his eyes and we'll make our getaway while he's sneezing."

I think I would use my blogging powers to confuse them. I'd start false stories through blogs that said my true weakness was hot naked chicks writhing in oil. Then they'd make the mistake of putting hot, oiled babes in my path to stop me pursuing them.

Actually, that would probably be pretty effective in distracting me from crime fighting.

No comments: