Thursday, August 09, 2007

I was right - Web 2.0 IS a government plot!

Sometimes my powers of deduction amaze even me. A couple of weeks ago I had a bit of a go at the way people blithely put and absurd amount of identifying information online for all the world to see. To exaggerate things in my standard style of humour, I suggested that this was all a government plot. Who needs warrantless wiretapping when people willingly tell you every goddam thing about their lives?

Well, the conspiracy theorists are all over this like Bob Allen on dick. (I wonder if he also hits the crack pipe like Ted Haggard?) Anyway, the truth of it all has been uncovered:

Facebook is run by the CIA!

Well, maybe not. But there are certainly enough crumbs of evidence to drive the tinfoil hat brigade crazy. Crazier than they already are. Hard as that is to believe. So bear in mind I'm not only angry I'm also psychic. Right here is where you find the news that matters before it even breaks.

Oh, and to the Digg commenter who said in response to my original "government plot" post: "I don't know what's more ridiculously inaccurate; the term Web 2.0 or the idea it's a government conspiracy." Congratulations! That whistling sound you heard was the joke sailing right over your head.

You fucking moron.

No comments: