Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A good news story: You CAN make money blogging!

Someone who's given me quite a bit of support since not long after I started this blog has just made a huge score. Howard Lindzon and his team have just sold their video blog Wallstrip to CBS.

To me, this is the story of people who believed in the power of the video blogging medium, saw a niche and went for it. Of course, it helps to have the experience, contacts and wherewithal to get a project like this launched but none of that counts if you don't have the vision and the will to follow it through.

I've honestly been getting a little disheartened lately by things like the amount of attention paid to talentless fucks on YouTube. This is the sort of news that gives me heart. And the fact that some big name dickheads seem pissed off by Wallstrip's success makes it even better (read the comments in the post I linked to above on Howard's blog if you want to see what I mean.)

Oh and I got my latest payment from The Fizz Newzz too, so that cheered me up. Wallstrip got their millions but I got my $250. The gap is closing!

Just to round things out, here's the Wallstrip video where they celebrate the deal.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3q1zuXujr8

I have to admit, I found the setup where nobody at CBS knew who or what Wallstrip was really funny (and yes, presenter Lindsay really is on The Sopranos).

No comments: