Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Somebody's watching you

Here's a couple of pieces I originally did for The Fizz Newzz. They're thematically linked in that they both deal with surveillance - one at the personal level and one at the governmental/societal level.

This first one is my reaction to a news story on the "Hollywood Spy Shop". The range of surveillance equipment you can buy here astonishes me. I'm going to have to stop picking my nose - you never know when someone's videoing you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp8iLzJ6jx0

This second one highlights just how creepy things have gotten in the UK. Apparently there are now over four million CCTV cameras in the UK and the rate of growth is increasing. Now the cops are even using radio controlled flying drones to spy on people. I know that people often respond by saying "if you're not doing anything wrong you don't have anything to fear," but how about if I haven't done anything wrong I deserve some privacy? Whatever happened to that idea?



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiqdwRAqzA4

No comments: