Thursday, September 28, 2006

My ongoing struggle to stay angry

It isn't always easy staying angry 365 days a year. Sure, the generally fucked-up nature of the world helps, there's always something new to be angry about. But since starting this blog and, more recently, posting video to YouTube good things keep happening. Here on the blog, the dialogue I'm able to have with a broad range of people is constantly rewarding.

It's easier to stay angry on YouTube simply because it has a much higher moron quotient but even there, people are capable of making you forget about idiots. One of the higher profile users on YouTube goes by the name of Mr Safety (real name Cory). Here's very funny and quite a good film maker and he decided a while ago he liked my videos and has been quite a bit of help in promoting my work. Just the other day he took it to a new level, as shown in the following video (this is Cory's video, not mine - the first time I've featured anyone else's work on this blog):



This video had a pretty immediate effect. It took me about 3 months to get my first 100 subscribers. I got the next 50 in about 20 days. After Cory posted the above video I got about 50 subscriptions in 48 hours. The power of influential friends! Anyway, I was totally floored by Cory's generousity and thought for a while about how to respond. I decided to do something positive in return and this video explains what I decided:



After I posted this, Cory suggested I might be going a bit far. His advice was:

"I've found that deleting the bad comments isn't always the answer though if you really want to get back at them... the best way to get back at them is to leave the comment up there and let them look like an ass.

"I know with your character it's kinda hard to do this but, every time someone says something negative, just say "thanks for the comment" because more comments is what helps you in the long run :) "

So I'm not sure what I'll do now. But there's no way I'm letting these freaks get me down. I'm going to stick with being angry over inconsequential things!

No comments: