Friday, January 05, 2007

Cleanliness is next to...

Cleanliness is next to impossible for some people apparently. This is a rather personal rant today, I'm not sure if anyone will actually identify with it. We've had a very hot week in Melbourne - temperatures over 35C pretty much every day. When this happens, I like to go down to the beach towards the end of the day, cool off in the bay and have a barbecue.

One of the nice features of this area is that there are free barbecues near most of the beaches. One of the not nice aspects is that no bastard cleans the fucking barbecues after using them. I reckon nine times out of ten the barbecue is filthy when I go to use it.

I actually left a barbie dirty once and I felt awful about it. I realised too late that I'd brought all my barbie supplies along but hadn't brought anything to clean up the mess I made. The next day I went out and bought a nice set of implements that included this scourer/scraper thingie to clean all the crap off the cooking surface.

It's all about having the right tools, people. Don't take on the job if you don't have the right tools! Little Miss Angry thinks I should make a video showing how filthy most people leave the barbie and compare it to how clean I leave it. I may well do this - it really pisses me off.

Cleaning up after ourself, people - it's what separates us from the animals.

No comments: