Sunday, January 21, 2007

What made me angry about my holiday

While I was on holidays I didn't actually make any angry videos and post any angry rants (you may have noticed). So first thing on my arrival home I decided to get back into it. And talk about some fuel: my fucking memory card fucked up and lost a pile of photos and videos. So I decided to express my frustration in the best way I knew how:



But there was actually a happy ending or semi-happy at least. To get over my disappointment at having lost some really good photos and videos I indulged in a little retail therapy and bought a new video camera - one I'd had my eye on for a while. The bloke at the camera store heard my tale of woe and sprang into action. He had a recovery programme that was quite good at reclaiming files that had been deleted from memory cards and he ran it on my camera's memory card. The end result was that I got back about 80% of the files I thought were completely lost.

Oh, and I got a kick-arse new camera. So I made a video with the new camera and included some of the recovered footage:



As a post script - my editing software is having trouble working with some of the partially corrupted files. If anyone knows some good tips for dealing with this - let me know.

No comments: