Friday, February 09, 2007

Why I don't watch TV

Well, to be fair, I watch a lot of TV. But I watch almost no commercial broadcast TV and I definitely never watch any of their stupid fucked-up so-called current affairs reporting shows. A truly appalling example of what I fucking hate about these piece of shit infotainment shows has just been perpetrated.

It all starts on YouTube. Which I like. One of the highest profile YouTubers who goes by the user name of Boh3m3 does a video entitled "The Australians are fooling us all". I have no idea what prompted him to do this, but it was a fairly innocent little piss-take where he rips on Australians, mostly to do with Vegemite. Here's the video:



He wound up a lot of Australians and got a lot of responses. Most of the responses seemed to get the joke but a disturbing number seemed deeply affronted. Then the true horror begins... This was actually featured on a prime-time current affairs show as a fucking "news" item:



Now, I get that this is actually supposed to be a piss-take on the show but it's just fucking embarrassing that making a big scene about this is worth three fucking minutes of airtime! I just cringed in horror while watching this video. Which I watched on YouTube - I would have no idea that it had been broadcast otherwise (see my previous note on not watching this fucked up piece of shit tabloid show.)

Boh3m3 of course responded to the news that he'd been on Australian TV:



I was actually at a loss as to what this melding of YouTube and tabloid TV meant, but fortunately, I received a message from the future that explained it all: this is the end of civilisation as we know it.



You heard it here first, folks! The Vegemite wars are coming! Choose your side wisely.

No comments: