Monday, March 12, 2007

An Educational Outing

I went out with my kids today to watch a movie at the IMAX cinema. The kids chose "Night at the Museum" - the recent comedy starring Ben Stiller. I don't know if you've ever been to IMAX but it's essentially a movie projected onto a massive screen, about the size of a two storey house.

And let me tell you, Ben Stiller's massive brow seen on the scale of a McMansion is pretty overpowering. If I was going for a cheap joke I'd say that it was really hard to tell Ben Stiller from the Neanderthals who come to life in the museum. But you all know I don't go for cheap jokes.

The IMAX in Melbourne is actually attached to the Melbourne Museum so we passed a little time looking at exhibits before the movie. We were lucky enough to be there at feeding time for a chameleon they had on display so I shot a video which I'll share with you here. I even did some slow-motion action replays of the chameleon's tongue shooting out and grabbing live crickets.

Fun for all the family.

No comments: