Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Long Weekend Blues

I've just enjoyed a long weekend courtesy of "Labour Day" here in Victoria. An extra day's recreation is all well and good although it's fair to say it's appreciated less by me than by others - as a contractor public holidays just mean days for which I don't get paid. My other problem with public holidays is not being at work on Monday throws me out of whack for the whole week.

Tuesday feels like Monday and so it continues through the week. I'm very easily confused so today I've already had several conversations along the lines of:

"Have you finished that stuff yet?"

"It isn't due until Tuesday."

"Today is Tuesday."

"Shit!"

And as for the stuff that was supposed to be done on Monday... well, as far as I'm concerned, that's all disappeared into an alternative universe and it isn't my problem any more. Mind you, I've had a little trouble convincing others of the validity of this theory. On the plus side, my boss has just given me a lollipop to calm me down (seriously) so I should be on top of things by the end of the day.

The thing is, my work days don't change much from day to day. It's my home life schedule that varies a lot. So essentially I have no fucking idea what I'm doing tonight. My girlfriend is usually far less troubled by these sorts of things so I shall send her a desperate message:

"Help. No idea what I'm supposed to be doing. Please give me some direction so I can give my hopelessly overtaxed and underperforming brain some rest."

No comments: