Thursday, March 08, 2007

Expensive Google Schwag

When I was writing my piece on Monday about Googlejuice I stumbled across an advertisement for an AdSense presentation Google were having in Melbourne on Wednesday. As I'd never seen a Google presentation I thought it might be interesting. Besides, Wordpress may not support AdSense on hosted blogs right now but they might in the future and I might be able to make a few bob.

It was an interesting enough presentation, the speaker that interested me the most was the founder of Geekzone, a New Zealand based geek website. He was interesting because he makes enough money from AdSense to quit his fairly lucrative day job and run his site full time. So it can be done.

I had to take the afternoon off work to attend the presentation and, as I'm a contractor, that means I don't get paid for that half of the day. In terms of measurable outcomes I got a Google schwag bag and the only thing I'll be keeping out of that is a Google pen. So that's essentially a $300 pen.

It had better write bloody well.

No comments: