Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Creationism is Bollocks!

I was in a bit of a mood to pick a fight via video this past week and when I read about the opening of the Creation "Museum" in Kentucky I decided to state the obvious. Namely that creationism is, well, utter bollocks. I'm not criticising religious belief in and of itself, I've met way too many intelligent religious people and way to many stupid atheists to take the Richard Dawkins path of belittling everyone who disagrees with me.

But creationism isn't about believing in god, creationism is about being fucking insane. By all means take the good bits of the bible (or the torah, or the koran, or the bhaghavad gita if that floats your boat) and use that as a guide for life but taking parables like the creation myth as literal truth? That way lies madness.

Look, by all means, people can have their own belief systems (I personally believe I must never give up eating chocolate because it's the only thing keeping me safe from evil trolls who are allergic to chocolate) but don't force your shit on other people. When these freaks (most notably in the USA) want to shut down science in favour of their delusions, that's when I call bullshit.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqVCcfD5Ry4

I used this rather nifty article from the Scientific American magazine as a reference for my arguments. You might like to use it when you're next confronted by a creationist nutbag.

No comments: