Thursday, June 21, 2007

You're all a bunch of sick little monkeys!

So that's what it feels like to get the top post on reddit and front page of Digg in the same 24 hour period. Now that my genius has been recognised more widely I guess all that's left to be said is "What the hell took you people so long?" Seriously, the encouragement I've received from the responses to the diet pill post has been awesome.

My regular readers will know that I usually respond to all comments but the volume of responses to this post was more than a tad overwhelming (they keep popping up even as I write this). So rather than play favourites I decided not respond directly to any of the comments. I did read all the comments, however, including the comments on reddit and Digg.

I have to say, I'm more than mildly surprised at the lack of negativity in the comments as well. The number of people completely incapable of understanding a joke was reassuringly small. Even on Digg, which has an appalling reputation for stupidity and immaturity the comments were by and large intelligent. Or at least not hideously stupid.

I did notice two common memes running through the comments:
  1. These pills would be great for a truly horrible practical joke
  2. Surely this oily shit could be harnessed as biofuel
You're all a bunch of sick little monkeys! And I couldn't be more proud at having provided some fuel for thought. On the fuel front, I don't know Al Gore's email address but surely someone can contact him with the biofuel idea.

Actually, now I think about it, the way big Al bulked up recently and now seems to be losing weight he may be ahead of all of us. Expect an announcement from the Gore camp any day now that Al is planning to shit all over us. For our own good. I wish he would make that announcement actually, it isn't like he'd be the first politician to take a shit on us but at least he'd be the first to be honest about it.

No comments: