Monday, July 30, 2007

Download this information!

If you're looking for the ultimate example of human stupidity, you need look no further than the ads for downloads to mobile phones. The idea of letting someone you have no hope of tracing make charges against your phone simply doesn't appeal to me.

It's bad enough when the product is arguably useful (some people really like games, customised ringtones, wallpaper etc.) but some of the shit they advertise amazes me. I had thought that the worst was when they wanted to charge you for really bad impersonations of The Simpsons (which I'm sure breaches copyright law). Then they had SMS chat where you pay a fortune to send text messages to someone who's apparently really hot and wants to go out with you (yeah, right).

Then I found a new low point:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aA_E1rrhx8

My girlfriend knows I hate this ad. She also has a wicked sense of humour. So every time it comes on she makes a big show of texting our names to the number to wind me up.

It works every time.

No comments: