Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm not angry about politics

I used to be angry about politics but then, well, shit just got too big. I grew up a lefty and things used to be easy: what were you angry about? Whatever America was doing. What was your political view? The opposite of American foreign policy. So lefties had it easy; just spend all your time complaining about the American government of the day.

Those damn Americans! Interfering in other countries, overthrowing governments, supporting dictators, using too many resources, blah blah blah blah blah. Life was good for an angry lefty in the good old days.

That was then.

These days, American foreign policy seems to amount to “we are going to bomb the fuck out of whoever we like and there ain’t a damn thing you can do about it.” And what’s the justification? “Fuck you”. That’s the justification. “What are you gonna do about it you whiny little bitch? Nothin’, that’s what. Fuck you!”

Sovereign country that is no military threat to the US? “Fuck you!” Against international law? “Fuck you!” Not actually responsible for 9/11? “Fuck you!” “Makin’ fun of me b’cos I say ‘nucular’? Fuck you!”

I have to admit I’m not so much angry as amazed that Republicans tend to go ballistic when you say Bush is dumb. No matter how obvious it is. You’re like the kid in the fairytale: “Look, the emperor has no brains!” If you dare to point out that he can’t, you know… speak, they call you “elitist”. “You’re just being an elitist, people love his common touch. How would a moron become president?”

Well, actually, that’s my question.

Seriously, expecting basic mastery of the English language makes me an elitist? Expecting the “leader of the free world” to not be the dumbest motherfucker in the room makes me an elitist? And I mean any room in the world; he’s gonna be the dumbest motherfucker there. I’m an elitist for expecting competence? Yeah? Well fuck it. I’m there. I’m an elitist. Screw your pathetic knuckle-dragging monkey boy arse, Bush! You suck! All you right-wing psychos at least put up someone who can make intelligent noises if you want me to back you up when you bomb civilians.

No comments: